To make the Holy Bible freely available
The Filipino Children’s Bible Project (FCBP) is a project for all Filipino children, in all Filipino languages.
The goal is to produce materials for children for learning the Holy Bible, worshipping the Lord and encouragement in their faith. The content in all materials is entirely based on the actual text of the Holy Bible, sourced from Bible translations in Filipino languages. This project is not just about ‘us’ making something for ‘you’, but it’s also about ‘you’ making something for ‘others’ and for the Glory of God! We invite and encourage all Filipino children, youth and other interested parties to contribute to this project.
We aim to bring this vision to fruition through producing and freely distributing materials such as E-Bibles designed for children, Audio Bibles recorded by children and for children, Bible songbooks and musical recordings, Resources for teaching children Bible verses, Audiovisual media with Bible verses, Free Bible orientated prints such as posters, tarpaulins, t-shirts, etc.
Through our website, social media & apps, the resources can be accessed for free, to view, listen, download and print, making them easily accessible to anyone, anywhere in the Philippines and for Filipinos living in different countries around the world. All in all, the entire project is designed so that the materials are readily accessible and easy to share.
FCBP itself is not an organisation but rather an initiative of Tzion Media and a small group of Filipino Christians. Tzion Media is a Christian arts, media and publishing company, based out of Australia that works globally. FCBP wants to partner with other like-minded organisations and individuals to make the Bible accessible to Filipino children and youth everywhere. Our desire is to publish the Bible in all Filipino languages, amongst all Filipino children and youth everywhere, to give them the knowledge of the Bible in their own heart language.
Our hope is that every child and young person would hear the Words of the Living God and His call to each of them to repent and put their trust in His Son Jesus Christ for their salvation!
We want to give thanks to all those who have laboured and who are labouring even now to translate the Holy Scriptures into Filipino languages. Without your labour we would not be able to do what we are now doing. May God bless you and be with you in this invaluable work.
Here is a current list of the Bible translations we will be using:
- Agta, Casiguran Dumagat (DGCWBT)
- Agta, Central Cagayan (AGTWBT)
- Agta, Umiray Dumaget (DUEDUE)
- Agta, Dupaninan (DUOWBT)
- Atta, Pamplona (ATTANT)
- Ayta, Mag-antsi (SGBTBL – 2006 Edition)
- Bikol Central (Marahay na Bareta Biblia – BPV)
- Blaan- Sarangani (I tnalù dwata – BPSNT)
- Blaan- Koronadal (1995 Edition – BPRWYI
- Bolinao (SMKWBT)
- Bontok Central (LBKNT)
- Bontok Eastern (EBKWBT)
- Brooke’s Point Palawano (2013 Edition – PLWWBT)
- Caluyanun (CLUMBB)
- Cebuano (Ang Bag-ong Maayong Balita Biblia – RCPV)
- Chavacano (El Nuevo Testamento – CBKNT)
- Ga’dang (Paratikan sia inyo-koh – GDGNT)
- Hiligaynon (HILHPV)
- Ibatan (IVBPOTNT)
- Ifugao Amganad (IFAWBT)
- Ifugao Mayoyao (DUENT)
- Ilokano (Ti Baro a Naimbag a Damag Biblia – RIPV)
- Inabaknon (ABXWBT)
- Isnag (The New Testament with Genesis and Exodus – ISDDBL)
- Ivatan (No vayo a Testamento – IVVNT)
- Kagayanen (2007 Edition – CGCTBL)
- Kalagan Eastern (KQETBL)
- Kalinga Limos (Ugud apudyus = Ti baro tulag – KMKNT)
- Kalinga Southern (Juan 1, Na Ukud Apudyus – KSC)
- Kankanaey (KNETBL)
- Kankanay Northern (Kalin Apo Dios – XNNNT)
- Kinaray A (Ang bag-o nga kasugtanan – KRJNT)
- Manobo, Ata (ATDWBT)
- Manobo Western Bukidnon (MBBWBT)
- Manobo Cotabato (MTATBL – WBT Version)
- Manobo Ilianen (MBIWBT)
- Manobo Obo (OBOONT)
- Manobo Dibabawon (MBDWBT)
- Manobo Sarangani (MBSNT)
- Manobo (Matigsalug – MBTWBT)
- Masbatenyo (MSBWBT)
- Pampanga (Ing Mayap a Balita Biblia – PMPV)
- Pangasinan (Maung a Balita Biblia – PNPV)
- Paranan (2012 Edition – PRFWBT)
- Samarenyo (WARSPV)
- Sambal (Yay Halita nan Dios: Ba-yon Tipan – XSB)
- Subanen Central (SYBWBT)
- Subanon Western (SUCSUC)
- Tagalog (Magandang Balita Biblia- MBBTAG)
- Tausug (Kitab Injil – TSG)
- Tboli (TBLWBT)
- Yakan (YKAYKA)
- In one God: eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible to be inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God, without error in the original languages and our only rule for life and practice.
- In the deity and virgin birth of Christ; in His sinless life, His perfect righteousness, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death; His resurrection, ascension and imminent return.
- That for the salvation of the lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that this salvation is wholly of grace through faith in the atoning death of the Son of God.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to lead a Godly life.
- That the church consists of all who trust in Christ and are true believers in His atoning death.
EVERY FILIPINO CHILD CAN BE INVOLVED IN THIS PROJECT.
This project is not just about FCBP making something for you, but it’s also about you making something for other Filipino children and for the Glory of God!
Would you like to get involved? We are inviting and encouraging all Filipino children and youth to contribute to this project.
SEND TO US A VERSE/S FROM THE HOLY BIBLE IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE, PRESENTED IN A CREATIVE WAY.
The verse could be in the form of artworks such as drawings/paintings, graphic designs, calligraphy, digitally edited photographs, slideshows, video recordings, audio recordings, original songs using Bible verses, motion graphics/animation sequences or whatever other creative way you could think of to present a verse or portion from the Holy Bible. There are so many ways you could do this! We will soon include some examples to this page to give you more ideas.
For all contributions, these guidelines must be followed:
The focus of this project is the Bible. Therefore, we only want items that include a Bible verse, exactly as it is taken from the Bible. All Bible verses must be exactly as the verse appears in the Bible translation, not altered in any way. Please make sure that whatever contribution you send us, it is correct. Make sure the spelling of the verse and the Bible reference are correct. It also must be clear and understandable. If the verse is written, make sure it can be read and understood. If it is an audio or video recording, make sure it can be heard clearly enough to be understood.
For all visual items (Photo, images, video, etc.) we ask that no visual representation of Jesus is used or any religious ritual items, as is used in some churches. The Bible itself commands us clearly to make no image of God (Exodus 20:4-6). Jesus is the Son of God and One with the Father… He is God. The Holy Spirit when giving inspiration to the writers of the Bible gave no physical description of Jesus appearance anywhere in the Bible. So we want to honour God in this matter. We suggest using photos of Filipino children, your local surroundings, nature, and your own creative art design as the background in visual items.
There are no limits on the amount of contributions you can send. We will try to do our very best to publish each contribution on either our website or social media accounts, provided they are within the guidelines.
SENDING YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Please send all contributions to email@example.com
All contributions should be included as attachments.
Please include the following information when sending contributions:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your province
- The exact Bible verse reference
- The language of the verse
- If possible, also include the Bible translation code (e.g. MBBTAG)
We will accept submissions in the following file formats-
JPEG, PNG, PDF, PSD, AI, EPS, AVI, MP4, DOCX,
(Please ask if you are using a different format. We may have missed some!)
If you have any other ideas for creative ways that you, your family, church or school could be involved and contribute somehow to this project, then please don’t hesitate to contact us to talk about it.
If you want to help but don’t know what you can do, just contact us and we can try to help you find a way to contribute to this project.
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it. (Proverbs 22:6 NKJV)
No one can teach a child better than their own parent. There is no substitute for the teaching that parents can provide to their children. Set the example with your own dedication to studying the Bible. Show the example to your children of a Godly life, by not only being a hearer of God’s Word but also by being a doer of God’s word.
We welcome any suggestions or ideas from parents for resources that would be useful for teaching children the Bible. We can develop custom made materials if we believe that the proposed project will benefit the children.
Many of the features of the project website have been designed with Sunday school teachers and schoolteachers in mind. We encourage you to take a hold of what we are doing and use the resources that we are producing for your student’s benefit. Likewise if you have any ideas for new resources for this project, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We welcome any suggestions or ideas from teachers for resources that would be useful for teaching children the Bible. We can develop custom made materials if we believe that the proposed project will benefit the children.
We are excited to be able to produce resources to aid Churches and ministries in their ministry work across the Philippines.
We welcome any suggestions or ideas from churches and ministries for resources or projects that would be useful for teaching children the Bible. We can develop custom made materials if we believe that the proposed project will benefit the children.
Call for Volunteers
No matter where you are in the Philippines, if you are interested in helping out with this project in any way (even in a small way), then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We are especially looking for:
- Contact person in each province/area of the Philippines
- Two native speakers of each language of the Philippines
- Local churches, Sunday school teachers and Christian ministries
- Schools, teachers and education-related NGO’s
- People with creative skills who would like to make a contribution-
Music composing and playing, Audio recording, Video production and editing, Animation, Graphic design, Artists, etc.
In general, we will also need people to help promote the project in their own area and amongst their fellow native language speakers. Upon request, we can help by providing printable materials, as well as other promotional materials for that purpose.